Thursday 6 February 2014

The costumes of the British Isles Covered.......

Here are my dolls that represent the British Isles - Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland .  Apart from the London Bobby and the very rare and elusive Royal couple on the 1953 Coronation Day, I think I have them all (even though the girls are homemade copies), however I think they look pretty good, standing at attention together.  I might make Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip in their robes from the coronation - the Queen's gown was beaded in the flowers of England (Rose), Scotland (Thistle), Wales (Daffodil) and Ireland (Shamrock) so I have printed loads of photos of the original dress and will try and copy it as best I can to fit a 7inch Pedigree Delite doll. The Duke of Edinburgh wore a military uniform with gold epaulets on the shoulders and a blue sash. I have two naked dolls who would suit but then I would like a boy to be a cowboy or Hans the Dutch boy and I don't have a Cinderella yet........decisions, decisions.  These dolls are becoming harder and harder to get too so I will really have to think carefully about how I dress them to the exclusion of others..........

Here they are - Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland. The original soldier had a rifle but the chances of getting one of them is nil, I am happy to have managed to get hold of the bagpipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment