Thursday 9 January 2014

Bookcases for my Dollshouse Library arrived.

Look what arrived today - 2 x triple bookcase shelving units plus a single unit.  I already had one triple unit so now I have enough to start staining them a dark colour, probably Walnut.  At the moment I don't have a room box prepared for them so they are just standing on the real life book case shelf but what an enormous challenge to fill them all.  I am so excited at the thought of making zillions of little books although at first, some will have to be fakes with covers over little blocks of wood.  Gradually I hope that I will be able to fill them with proper books, both bought and handmade.  I ordered these before Christmas and I nearly knocked the parcel delivery man over in my enthusiasm to get the parcel out of his hot little hands and into mine!!!! The gap in the corner of the room behind the bookcase units will be a door otherwise the room will look a little "dead-end" with no way in or out and no windows. In the centre I plan to put a large "partner's desk" (I think that is what they are called) with a green reading lamp and a couple of comfortable pseudo leather chairs.........oooooh what a great start to the new year.......Whooo hoooo.............



I have just counted the books on the extreme left hand shelf..........fifteen including one rather fat bible.  So altogether there are forty shelves and if each one takes fifteen books that is ....ummmm....600!!!!  My God, have I counted right???  I have to find/buy/make six hundred books!  Wow, I haven't got time to blog, I have to start making books - this will take forever.  Mind you, that is the beauty of miniatures, there is no time frame or dead-line.


No comments:

Post a Comment